Friday 9 November 2012

Mid-week scallop supper - yummmmm * Fish is The Dish






A quick supper tonight when Mr R got back from the pub.  I put the water on to boil some pasta then started the sauce in my extra large frying pan.

Fish is the Dish sent me some scallops  a couple of months ago which I promptly popped into the freezer. I took them out earlier this afternoon and let them defrost.

Scallops from Cornwall

For dinner I started with finely chopped onions browning in some sunflower oil, then added chopped streaky bacon and fried that until starting to crisp, added 2 garlic cloves crushed and some chilli flakes. At this point I also added one large roasted pepper from a jar which I chopped up.



I cut the scallops into about three pieces because they were quite large and added them to the pan.  they only take a few minutes and tend to toughen up if cooked too long.

Onion, garlic, peppers, bacon and scallops

As soon as the pasta was cooked and drained I added some double cream to the frying pan followed by 2-3 Tbsp of My Secret Kitchen Thai Dressing with Kaffir Lime.  A minute or so to warm through and serve on the pasta.


Ooohhh yummmm this was a quick and easy supper. Thanks Fish is the Dish!!
 
Cream added then Thai Dressing with Kaffir Lime
 
 
The finished dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment