Tuesday 21 October 2014

Brownies!!

Earlier this year I attended Food Blogger Connect, an annual gathering of foodies who blog held in London. Aside from learning and networking we get a fantastic goodie bag to take home. One of the items in this year's was cocoa powder from Mortimer Chocolate Company.

I wanted to make brownies for tea and even though I have recipes I thought I would follow the recipe on the back of the cocoa powder packet.
This is a quick and simple brownie recipe that works!
Ingredients:
100 gm Mortimer Chocolate Powder
125 gm butter
200 gm Caster Sugar
75 gm Plain flour
2 eggs

Method:
Pre-heat oven to 180o
* Melt butter over a low heat,
*Add chocolate powder and whisk until melted,
*In a bowl beat together eggs and sugar,
*Then stir in the melted chocolate,
*Sieve in the plan flour,
*Beat until smooth,
*Pour mixture into a lined, 9 inch (23cm) square tin.
*Bake at 180o for 20 minutes
*Allow to cool slightly and cut into 12 squares

*Enjoy!
This is an incredibly easy and quick way to churn out chocolate brownies and one that I shall be coming back to time and time again.

I did not receive payment to write this post and as usual all opinions and photos are my own.



4 comments:

  1. Always great when you find a simple effective recipe. The brownies look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. They taste good, nice and moist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if my previous comment came through. Great brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bintu - its very nice cocoa powder

    ReplyDelete