Tuesday 6 January 2015

Surprise Supper - Spanish Chicken with Olives and Paprika

I got home tonight with no idea of what we were having for dinner. Thought of a bacon and tomato pasta but decided to save that for Friday when the family were coming for dinner.

I started as usual with my Holy Trinity - onion, garlic and celery. 
Chopped them all quite finely and started to sautee in rice bran oil mixed with a little oil from the sun dried tomato jar.
It was a case of what was in the fridge and cupboards tonight. I found half a red pepper and a dozen or so sun dried tomatoes in a jar. These were both chopped roughly and added to the frying pan.
I had three chicken breasts in the freezer which I defrosted and cut into chunks. Add to the frying pan with the vegetables.
Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked, about 10 minutes.
Season with freshly ground salt and pepper and 4-5 drops of Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce.
At this point I added in a Knorr Paprika Flavour Pot, 4 Tablespoons of tomato puree along with a Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and approx 250ml of water.
The chicken meal seems to be taking on a Spanish characteristic.
I had a jar of stuffed green olives in the cupboard and decided to throw a couple of tablespoons in.  Continue cooking until the mixture reduces and thickens whilst you cook the rice.
Serve with basmati rice and ENJOY!
Our meal was indeed a surprise - as I said above I had no idea when I started what we would end up with.  Sometimes this creates a really tasty meal like tonight.  I am happy to say there is just enough left for me to take to work for lunch tomorrow!!

I was not paid anything to write this post and as usual all opinions and photos are my own.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was good and I had some for lunch the next day!

      Delete
  2. Awesome .. will try it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about cooking is the creativity involved, never knowing where you could land up. Bon appetit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just give me an onion and I can feed the family!

      Delete
  4. Haha Heidi, that's my standard way of cooking - just see what happens when I get to the kitchen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of our great dinners are like this - superb one offs!

      Delete
  5. Always the best way of cooking, I often do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a voyage of discovery in your own kitchen!

      Delete
  6. Sounds good, some of the best meals come together like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was really nice and there was some left over for my lunch the next day - win!

      Delete