Sunday 22 February 2015

Juicing My Way Into 2015 With Philips Real Juice Reboot

There has been a lot written lately about the benefits of making and drinking fresh juice every day.  One of the things that you need to watch out for though is that if you only use fresh fruit you may end up consuming quite a lot of sugar (fruit is full of natural sugars). The way around the sugar thing is also a great way to ensure you are getting quite a good amount of your '5 A-day' as well.

Adding vegetables such as kale, beetroot, carrot, celery, cucumber can help you get the vitamins and fibre you need without overdoing it on the sugar.

I was sent a Philips juicer to join their 21 day juicing challenge called 'RealJuiceReboot'. This challenge is based on the premise that you need to do something 21 times to make it into a habit.
I set about on day one, with the fruit and vegetables that were sent with the juicer to make some combinations I had never tried before.  I have tried juicing before and had some of my favourite combinations but I was willing to try the suggestions that Philips sent.
I tried combinations I wouldn't have thought of using like watermelon, mint and lime - boy was it refreshing and good!
This juicer from Philips is quite small in size but powerful with it's large motor and very fine filter. The container for collecting the spent fruit holds quite a lot, it is surprising to see how dry the waste is meaning all of the juice has been whizzed out!

The one thing that is not a positive point for me is that the container that collects the juice is rather small and I need to empty it into a larger jug about halfway through the juicing.

I missed my juice for a couple of days during this 21 day juice challenge and have paid the price by getting a head cold so I am back on the straight and narrow and today enjoyed a large glass of carrot, apple, celery, ginger and beetroot
I have loads of recipes yet to try and really exciting juices yet to come. Looking forward to this week's shopping order arriving - get those beetroot ready for my juices this week. Beetroot is one of those super foods along with blueberries that should go in juices and smoothies for added vitamins and anti-oxidants.

Thanks Philips for the juicer - I know we will have a long and happy relationship making up different combinations all the time!

I was not paid to write this review and as usual all opinions and photos are my own.

11 comments:

  1. The juicer is nice and handy .. like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good especially the carrot, apple,celery ginger and beetroot. I'm glad you are highlighting the sugar that can be consumed so easily in juices and smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adding vegetables such as beetroot, celery, Kale and cucumber give you your vitamins with out so much sugar. Just need to add a bit of fruit for sweetness.

      Delete
  3. My gosh what a huge selection of fruits and veg you are working your way through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great habit to get into - juicing every day!

      Delete
  4. Juice you make yourself is so fresh and you can be sure about the amount of sugar. You've got an amazing selection of fruit and veg to use, I bet there are some great unusual combinations. GG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love experimenting with different combinations - some have worked some have not!

      Delete
  5. thats quite a stock of vegetables for juicing, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I run out I can get loads more at our local fruit and veg market very reasonably too!

      Delete
  6. When it comes to juicing, what are the best methods available? This may be a question that both you and others ask when it comes to this healthy hobby.
    vape juice

    ReplyDelete